Network Steward Charter
The objective of The Network Steward is to reduce barriers of entry to support the PKT Network in the pursuit of increased individual autonomy and privacy.
Key aspects of this objective include:
- Financing the development of open source networking software
- Lobbying for improved regulatory environment for small network operators and more generally, for internet freedom, privacy, and decentralization
- Purchasing property such as proprietary software or radio frequency spectrum rights in order to put these things in the commons
In order to achieve these goals, The Network Steward will occasionally meet to review funding proposals and choose which projects to grant PKT to.
How to Make a Funding Proposal
Getting a proposal accepted is much like getting a pull request merged in a project. You start by socializing what you want to do with the community (try the IRC or Matrix chats) and when you have rough consensus, you move that conversation to a formal proposal.
To make a proposal, you must create a pull request to the ns-projects repository which adds a new project markdown file as per the project template and name it according to the naming convention defined in the repository readme.
Periodically The Network Steward will hold a meeting and decide on which proposals should be funded. The minutes of these meetings are published in the the ns-projects repository along with the projects and their status.Submit Proposal Download Template
Network Steward Projects
These are the various projects:Network Steward Projects
Who is the Network Steward?
The Network Steward is a multi-signature wallet which requires 3 out of 5 signatures in order to make a payment.
The Network Steward wallet address is: https://explorer.pkt.cash/address/pkt1q6hqsqhqdgqfd8t3xwgceulu7k9d9w5t2amath0qxyfjlvl3s3u4sjza2g2
- cjd - cjdns original author
- Arceliar - Yggdrasil original author
- benhylau - Contributor at Toronto Mesh
- NeilAlexander - Yggdrasil release manager
- Backupbrain - Creator of NetNinja VPN device
All of the participants have agreed not to enter into any relationships which would affect their ability to act impartially on behalf of the PKT chain.Voting Details